About the Stage B Course
- Minimum age: 17 (14 with Parental consent).
- Have completed an Apnea International Stage A course (or equivalent)
- Open water dives: 4
- Pool sessions: 2
The subjects covered on this course:
- Physics of freediving .
- Physiology of freediving
- The Dive Response
- Physiology of freediving – black out
- Training for Static apnea
- training tables, dry static training
- Training for Dynamic apnea.
- Equalisation techniques.
- Buoyancy Issues for Deeper freediving
- Safety Equipment for Deeper freediving
- Psychology of freediving
- Fitness training for freediving
- Breathing exercises – Pranayama.
- Relaxation techniques for freediving.
- Planning an open water dive session
The Training sessions include Static breathhold tables and Deep water sessions.
- The emphasis is on energy efficient movement in the water.
- We will try to find the best individual technique that will result in the best improvement.