About the course
- Prerequisite certifications: Apnea International Stage B (or equivalent), Current CPR and First Aid
- Prerequisite performance: STA- 03:30, DYN- 50m, CW- 30m
- Be able to swim & sustain himself in the water (with & without fins).
- Be 17 years old or over (or 14+ with a written & approved letter from parents)
- Pool sessions: 2
- Open water sessions: 6
This course is designed to improve the freedivers knowledge in the more advanced aspects of freediving. During this course we discuss aspects of deep Freediving such as deep equalisation, packing, mouth-fill , exhale diving ( FRC) and variable weights. This course concentrates on the students “weak spots” and tries to fix them. We discuss mental management systems and advanced breathing techniques.
The dives will be videoed so that we could debrief them on land for further improvement.
The subject covered on this course:
- Advanced equalising techniques
- Advanced breathing techniques
- Physiology of deep Freediving
- The principals of FRC diving
- Mental management systems for freediving – defining goals and structures for the dives.
- Physiology – Paradoxes in freediving.
- Nutrition for high performance.
- Deeper view of freediving emergencies and the proper response.
- Timing, pace and rhythm in Freediving.